Summer has arrived. As customers and clients begin to detach from consumer interests and concentrate on vacations, pool parties and backyard BBQs, it’s important to keep your company name alive in their minds. While your business won’t benefit from pestering potential audiences, there are some simple, worthwhile opportunities to surpass the standards of competition presented during the months most consider downtime. Here are a few effective ways to remain relevant without intruding upon the leisure time we all love.
1. Make a Splash with Social Media: Online communication platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram allow businesses to present their brand to the public in convenient and creative ways. Use summer-themed hashtags about your business to engage followers in seasonal fun or post exciting images of what’s going on at the office. Your business’ consistent presence on social media invites customers to come to you. Instead of soliciting them with “remember us?” advertising, offer up entertaining content for customers to consider. Using social media will make your business much more memorable when it comes time to make purchasing choices.
2. Send Sunny Season’s Greetings: Handwritten notes on vacation-themed postcards capture audiences’ attention and demonstrate a business’ authentic dedication to building loyalty. Show your customers you care by wishing them a safe and enjoyable summer. The thoughtful gesture is sure to make you stand out.
3. Sunbathe your Blog: Take advantage of a slowed-down season and revamp your blog. Use the online tool to build a strong relationship between your business and its target audience. Fill your business blog with stories of substance that pertain to your company and keep consumers up-to-date with what’s going on in your industry. A blog is an excellent way to illustrate your organization and all for which it stands, giving consumers something to support.
4. Refresh your Network: Explore local attractions, eat out in your town, and attend all your city’s summertime festivities. Make meaningful connections with people you meet and make sure to work your company into the conversation. Establishing grassroots support is crucial to a small business’ success. By representing your business well face-to-face with future customers, you can become your own billboard.
Telhio Credit Union has a variety of business products and services, such as checking accounts, lines of credit or business loans that can help your business succeed. To contact a member of Telhio’s business services team, call 614-221-3233, option 6.
Telhio is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school in Franklin, Fairfield, Delaware, Licking, Marion, Pickaway and Union counties. Founded in 1934, originally as the credit union for the Columbus Telephone Co., Telhio is a not-for-profit financial cooperative where its members are also its owners. Driven by its philosophy that members come first, Telhio is committed to the highest standards of responsibility and conduct. Telhio offers a variety of innovative programs, services and products to support its members’ financial needs. Telhio offers six branching offices throughout central Ohio and nearly 4,000 shared branching locations nationwide. Additionally, Telhio credit union participates in the highest level of combined federal and private share savings insurance available, insuring deposit accounts up to $500,000.*
* Federally insured by NCUA. Additional coverage up to $250,000 provided by Excess Share Insurance Corporation, a licensed insurance company.