The dog days of summer are upon us, and it’s no secret that the weather in Central Ohio has been less than ideal. Rain and severe storms have wreaked havoc throughout Ohio, causing damage to small businesses across the state. However, there are ways your business can be ready for these disasters in order to lessen the destruction.
Here are some planning steps from the Small Business Administration that you can take to help your business survive the storms.
- • Does your business have a preparedness program in place?
- • Which business systems are mission-critical?
- • Does your business have an emergency communications plan?
- • Are your business systems ready for a disaster?
- • Have you enrolled your business in the Red Cross’s Ready Rating program?
- • Does your business have a disaster preparedness kit?
- • Are you aware of the disaster assistance programs offered by SBA following a declared disaster?
Even if you’re fully prepared for a natural disaster, it can still cause your business quite a bit of damage. The SBA offers disaster loans which can be used to repair or replace real estate, personal property, machinery or equipment and inventory that has been damaged or destroyed. You can learn about the different types of disaster loans here.
For full details on disaster planning from the Small Business Administration, read “Is Your Business Prepared to Weather the Storm” by Sarah Field here.
Telhio Credit Union has a variety of business products and services, such as checking accounts, lines of credit or business loans that can help your business succeed through any storm. To contact a member of Telhio’s business services team, call 614-221-3233, option 6.
Telhio is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school in Franklin, Fairfield, Delaware, Licking, Marion, Pickaway and Union counties. Founded in 1934, originally as the credit union for the Columbus Telephone Co., Telhio is a not-for-profit financial cooperative where its members are also its owners. Driven by its philosophy that members come first, Telhio is committed to the highest standards of responsibility and conduct. Telhio offers a variety of innovative programs, services and products to support its members’ financial needs. Telhio offers six branching offices throughout central Ohio and nearly 4,000 shared branching locations nationwide. Additionally, Telhio credit union participates in the highest level of combined federal and private share savings insurance available, insuring deposit accounts up to $500,000.*
* Federally insured by NCUA. Additional coverage up to $250,000 provided by Excess Share Insurance Corporation, a licensed insurance company.