The Columbus Chamber Retail Summit will bring industry leaders together for its 10th annual event on Thursday, August 8. New Meets Next will feature three keynote speakers and 15 breakout sessions around trending topics in retail, technology and hospitality.
This year’s keynote presenters include:
- Tara Abraham, Chairwoman & Co-CEO of Accel – Transform and Thrive: As head of an assembly manufacturing solutions company, Abraham will share insights on the transformation of contract packaging to contract manufacturing, as well as combining value-added services with robotics, technology, and human talent
- Kevin Myers, CMO of Donatos – The Edge of Innovation: Meyers will discuss how the decades-old pizza company is banding together with other Grote family business to look to the future of food, including 3D printing, at their new Edge Innovation Hub
- Dan Manges, Co-Founder & CTO of Root Insurance – Blueprint for Disruption: Manges will dive into how Root started from scratch and used modern technology to disrupt the $245 billion car insurance industry, leaning on innovation and execution to earn a $1 billion valuation
Event goers will also attend three breakout sessions of their choice throughout the day covering a variety of topics. A selection of breakout sessions includes:
- Retail: The Rise of Small Format
- Cannabis and CBD Sort Out Their Place on the Shelf
- Tech: The Virtual Store
- The Future of Columbus Retail
- Retail: What’s in the Box? A Personalized Subscription for Everything
- Hospitality: What’s New and Next in Hotel Trends?
- Emerging Trends in Retail: A Look to the Future
“The Columbus Chamber is truly honored to be hosts of such an innovative event that shines light on retail visionaries from all areas of the industry,” says Columbus Chamber CEO Don DePerro.
Attendees will have ample time to network with over 350 peers including leaders in retail-focused industries and economic development officers, to elected officials, educators and students.
“The Columbus Chamber recognizes the value of the retail community and how important it is for the successes of our greater community,” says Columbus Chamber Director of Marketing Cody Blair. “That is why we believe this event is so important that industry leaders have the opportunity to connect, collaborate and share their stories.”
The day-long event will be held and The Point at Otterbein University, 60 Collegeview Rd. Registration and breakfast begin at 7 a.m. with the first keynote kicking off at 8 a.m. The event wraps up with a happy hour beginning at 4:15 p.m.
Tickets are $199 for Columbus Chamber members and $249 for non-members. Tickets include breakfast, lunch and happy hour, access to all presentations and sessions, and a copy of the 2019 Franklin County Retail Report. Deadline for registration is Wednesday, July 31.
New Meets Next is presented in partnership with the Columbus Chamber of Commerce, Big Lots and Franklin County.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit columbus.org/retailsummit.
— Find more upcoming Chamber events at columbus.org/resources/events. The Columbus Chamber of Commerce offers news, information and other resources that are free and available to all businesses at columbus.org. —