ECDI was once again voted best small business resource in 2014. It’s been a big year for the SBA-approved micro-lender. The organization celebrated two big milestones – the closing of their 1,000th loan and their 10-year anniversary. The Women’s Business Center was also awarded the 2014 Ohio and Regional Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award from the SBA.
By the numbers (numbers that have surely expanded since achieving such accomplishments), ECDI has:
- Deployed over $16 million in loans.
- Been instrumental in creating over 4,500 jobs.
- Helped over 2,500 business.
In just a two-year span, the WBC has:
- Helped start 22 women-owned businesses.
- Aided in the expansion of 18 other women-owned businesses.
- Invested over a half of a million dollars in budding businesses.
- Educated over 200 female entrepreneurs through classes and workshops.
2014 marked the launch of ECDI’s Fifth Third Learning Lab, a state-of-the-art training facility where the the organization can host workshops, classes and networking events. Recently, ECDI also recognized the first graduates of its Tech-Savvy program that utilizes a SBA PRIME grant to provide money to small business owners for technology resources. And, another of ECDI’s resources, the Food Fort, made the list on its own.