Your corner coffee shop, the mom-and-pop baker, the stay-at-home mom that runs a boutique out of her basement: these are all small businesses that continue to create jobs and drive the American Dream. National Small Business Week, celebrated April 30 – May 6, 2017, recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and these small businesses contribute to the workforce by creating two out of every three jobs in the U.S. every year.
Small Business Facts:
- There are 28 million small businesses in the U.S.
- Small businesses employ 57% of the country’s private workforce
- It just takes six days to start a business in the U.S.
- 60-80% of all new jobs come from small businesses
- Small businesses pay 44% of the U.S. payroll
How are you planning to celebrate your small business? Here are three ways your business can get involved:
1. Join a professional organization – joining the local Chamber of Commerce is a great way to get involved with the community, network, and form relationship with other small business owners that you can leverage in the future.
2. Cut operating costs – Take a look at how much you spend on printer ink, pens, and other office supplies. Research what stores will give you better deals on these supplies, such as Staples or Office Max.
3. Put the spotlight on your business – find creative ways to spread the word about your business! Create social media contests or other promotions highlighting your business during Small Business Week.
Telhio Credit Union is here to help your small business succeed. Contact us today at 614-221-3233, extension 8211 to learn more about our business services and products to help you manage and grow your business.
Telhio is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school in Franklin, Fairfield, Delaware, Licking, Madison, Pickaway, Union, Hamilton, Warren, Butler and Preble counties. This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration. Additional coverage up to $250,000 provided by Excess Share Insurance Corporation, a licensed insurance company. Copyright 2003-2017 Telhio Credit Union, 96 N 4th Street, Columbus OH 43215. All Rights Reserved. Deposit accounts at different divisions are part of Telhio Credit Union. Deposits held at each office are not separately insured. NMLS #251831.