In a study from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Ohio has been named the 22nd best state for entrepreneurship, jumping 18 places from last year.
States are ranked according to measurements of entrepreneurial activity in five areas:
- • Percentage growth of business establishments
- • Per capita growth of business establishments
- • Business formation rates
- • The number of patents per thousand residents
- • Income rates of non-farm proprietors
Massachusetts leads the list in 2012, followed by North Dakota, California, New York, and Minnesota.
To view the full report, visit newsroom.unl.edu/blog/?p=1354.