Startup Weekend is getting a new spin with a Health focus for the November 20-22 event. The weekend will follow its standard format – anyone is welcome to pitch their idea and receive feedback, teams are formed around top ideas, and everybody gets to work on an all-out 54-hour blitz of business creation – but pitches will explore topics under the broad umbrella of health.
“Globally, Startup Weekend has been doing “vertical” or themed events for a couple of years now,” says StartUp Weekend Facilitator Jay Clouse. “We wanted to challenge ourselves to pull off our first-ever vertical in Columbus, and the obvious next step was to choose a vertical that suited our city well. With so many innovative companies in the health space in Columbus and Ohio as a whole, we thought health was a fantastic choice.”
Many of Columbus’ big names in health and health startups will be present at the event, including CrossChx, Assurex, Battelle, Beam Dental, Pelotonia, Ohio State and event host CoverMyMeds. Doug Ulman, CEO of Pelotonia will also be on hand Saturday evening for a fireside chat.
Entrepreneurs, coders, designers and anyone who wants to be a part of the startup community are encouraged to attend. Attendees will receive:
- – Sweet space at CoverMyMeds to work for the weekend
- – Invaluable access to a community of world class entrepreneurs and mentors
- – 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts
- – A sweet t-shirt
- – All the coffee, soda, energy drinks and water you could ever need
- – An amazing experience and chance to get a taste of the startup world
Startup Weekend has identified and recommended some topics in health to get the ideas flowing, including:
- – Nutrition
- – Fitness
- – Wearables (biometrics, fitness, etc.)
- – Healthcare IT (electronic medical records, electronic scheduling, etc.)
- – Medical devices
- – Healthcare data/ B.I. innovations
- – Pharma/life sciences
- – Payer/insurer technology
- – Consumer health apps
To find more info or reserve a ticket visit: http://swcbus.com.