Beam Dental continued to make headlines in 2019, announcing a commitment to more than triple its workforce in Central Ohio.
The company currently employs around 50 full-time employees in Columbus, building up its local workforce after a 2014 relocation from Louisville upon receiving an investment from Drive Capital. Beam Dental provides dental insurance for small- and medium-sized businesses, leveraging connected toothbrushes to aggregate brushing data that can be used to determine pricing.
Beam has plans to create 150 new jobs spanning multiple departments, from engineering and sales to claims processing, and invest $1.5 million in the region.
“When we started Beam, we knew quality talent and community support would be critical to our success,” said Beam Founder & CEO Alex Frommeyer. “Columbus really impressed us with its digital talent ecosystem, which has proven to be vital for our rapid expansion and was a core reason behind our decision to build the company here.”
For more information, visit beam.dental.
- Beam Dental – Adding 150 Jobs
- Root Insurance – Adding 400 Jobs
- Hoyo’s Kitchen – Expanding to North Market
- Freedom a la Cart – Opening first cafe + bakery Downtown
- Olly Awake – Launching gender neutral clothing company
- COhatch – Continuing growth and expansion
- HonestJobs.co – Launching second-chance jobs platform
- ECDI – Expanding with Foot Fort 2.0
- EDGE Innovation Hub – Opening and creating space for food innovation
- Fortuity – Opening call center to create 500 plus career opportunities
Flashback: Top Business Success Story of 2018 – Root Insurance
Flashback: Top Business Success Story of 2017 – CoverMyMeds
Flashback: Top Business Success Story of 2016 – Rise Brands
Flashback: Top Business Success Story of 2015 – Crimson Cup Coffee
Flashback: Top Business Success Story of 2014 – CoverMyMeds
Flashback: Top Business Success Story of 2013 – Piada
Note: Our “Best of 2019″ lists are published as the combined results of our annual Reader Nomination Survey and Editor’s Choice picks.