Today, the North Market Development Authority announced plans to move forward with the proposed second location of North Market. It will be at 6736 Longshore St. at the Bridge Park development in Dublin. The building is planned for a Spring 2020 opening.
The second public market will continue to honor the 143-year old tradition of the North Market of providing fresh foods including produce, meat and fish, poultry and game, and dairy.
Vendor applications for the North Market at Bridge Park are open and being reviewed by the North Market administration. Here’s how to apply for a merchant stall in the new North Market.
Some criteria North Market is looking for in a potential business:
- Food or food-oriented offering
- Locally owned and operated
- Artisan, high-quality, local, fresh ingredients
- High-quality operation with a high level of customer service
- Code compliant business operations
- A traffic building business that complements the other businesses operating at North Market
- Ventilation requirements for food preparation
- Owner-operator involved and on site
- Well-differentiated product line
The new location is being built with merchants in mind and will include 22,000 SF of front of house space for 20 merchant stalls to operate from, and approximately 10,000 SF of back of house space with loading docks.
“We’ve been excited for the opportunity to design this second location from the ground up,” said Jeff Pongonis, Board of Trustees President at North Market Development Authority.
Interested businesses should apply here.
Get the rest of the details of this new development on Columbus Underground.