- This event has passed.
Expert Office Hours: June 7, 2019
June 7, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Need business advice? Meet the experts.
When it comes to launching and growing your startup, there are always too many questions. That’s why Innovate New Albany created Expert Office Hours. We bring together expert service providers from varied disciplines who share their expertise at no cost to those who need answers.
Get answers to your toughest questions including:
– what incorporation form is right for me?
– how to protect my intellectual property?
– how to secure funds for expansion?
– can I get a professional website without investing a fortune?
– how to use digital marketing effectively?
– how to earn free publicity for my business?
– how to find the right workspace for my team?
– and many, many more!
Schedule your 30-minute session below:
Noor Bahhur | Porter Wright Morris & Arthur
Law – Intellectual Property
An associate in the firm’s Corporate Department, Noor focuses her practice on intellectual property, privacy, and data security. Noor has experience assisting with a variety of trademark and copyright matters. Her work included the clearance, selection and adaption of trademarks in both domestic and international contexts. Additionally, Noor has helped with copyright matters for architectural drawings and designs and software disputes.
Great questions for Noor:
- What is the value of securing registrations for patents, trademarks, or copyright?
- How can I best protect my own or my business’s intellectual property on a limited budget?
- Do I own intellectual property rights for things I created while employed by another person/company?
Jasmin Hurley | Porter Wright Morris & Arthur
Law – Startup & Emerging Businesses
Jasmin is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Department where she represents clients across many industries, including food and beverage, health care, media, and technology. She has experience in advising startup and small businesses to large private companies regarding entity structure, formation, governance and financing, as well as preparation of business and commercial documents. Jasmin advises women, minority, and veteran-owned businesses regarding business certification at the local, state, and national levels, and provides support during the application process. A Veteran of the U.S. Army, she held leadership roles in the Military Police as Platoon Leader, Executive Officer, and Battalion Plans Officer. She is a combat Veteran and a Bronze Star recipient.
Great questions for Jasmin:
- Incorporating Your New Business – What forms are possible and the pros/cons of each
- Business Operating Agreements – What are these and when does my business need one?
- Liability – How do I protect myself and my business?
- Written Contracts – When and why should my business use them?
- Regulation & Red Tape – What docs must I file to comply with laws/rules for my industry?
- How do I obtain a women-owned business certification?
Brad Griffith | Buckeye Interactive
Web Strategy and Engineering
Brad Griffith is President of Buckeye Interactive, the web strategy and engineering agency he started in 2009. Prior to starting Buckeye Interactive, Brad spent several years consulting and developing web applications in-house for a variety of companies including JPMorgan Chase, QUALCOMM, and the Go Big Network. Brad earned his Masters in Business Administration after completing his Bachelor’s in Electrical and Computer Engineering with honors, both at The Ohio State University. He has more than 20 years of web development experience and has worked from coast to coast with small and large companies, educational institutions, non-profit organizations and government agencies to build innovative web solutions.
Great questions for Brad:
- What is the best way to get my website started?
- How can I improve my site for better SEO?
- How do I start planning an application for my business?
- What different ways can I start building my company’s brand?
- How can I refresh or redesign my website?
Pete Georgeff | Rev1 Ventures
After spending over 8 years in the Marine Corps, Pete Georgeff began his path to helping entrepreneurs through The Mission Continues Fellowship Program hosted in Columbus by Bunker Labs. Through this program, Pete became heavily involved with the startup ecosystem in Columbus, which led to him joining the Rev1 Ventures team as the Entrepreneur Engagement Adviser.
Great questions for Pete:
- What is Rev1?
- What types of companies typically fit with Rev1’s model?
- How does Rev1 help entrepreneurs build companies?
Glenson Etienne | Nohvech
IT & Cloud Services
NOHVECH, Inc. is a privately owned and operated company located in New Albany, Ohio. We provide Information Technology as a Service (ITaaS) that empowers small to medium sized businesses to achieve the most from their IT investment. For over a decade, we have built up our capabilities, and we have the know-how to effectively deliver valuable services such as planning, implementing, managing, and supporting business technology hardware, software, and cloud systems. We are committed to high-level service agreements and industry-leading technology solutions for all your complex and evolving business needs.
Great questions for Glenson:
- What are the advantages for my organization using services in the cloud?
- What should I consider in a cloud service provider?
- Where is my data located when I moved to the cloud?
- What about security for cloud applications?
- Where do I find help if things are not working?
Sara Becker | New Albany CPA Co.
Business Tax Consulting and Preparation
Sara L. Becker, CPA is the President of The New Albany CPA Co. Her experience from Big 4 firms to Fortune 500 companies gives her unique insight into providing optimal tax solutions for business owners. Her focus is providing personalized strategies that leverage savings while also enhancing compliance protection, as available.
Specialties include business planning and comprehensive real estate tax solutions. Services are flat-fee based and include monthly packages that complete the accounting cycle from the business’ bookkeeping to the final individual tax return preparation. A free initial consultation is included. The New Albany CPA Co. is a Preferred Vendor of the Columbus Board of Realtors and an approved wholesale partner of Intuit.
Great questions for Sara:
- What is the most advantageous legal entity for my business?
- How can I utilize tax safe harbors available for (specific areas of) audit protection?
- Who should own the vehicle: the business or the owner?
- Am I filing with the right tax jurisdictions and agencies?
Miglena Kotevski | Huntington National Bank
Miglena Kotevski is a Business Banking Relationship Manager/Vice President with the Huntington Business Banking Team in Central Ohio, located in Easton Oval 7. She has over 12 years of experience in banking (all with Huntington), 10 of them working with business clients of different industries and revenue size. Miglena loves assisting Huntington clients with starting their own businesses, growing existing businesses, and going through all stages of a business lifecycle. She works closely with the Huntington Retail banking offices in New Albany, Gahanna, and the surrounding areas to ensure that her clients are being assisted with all their banking/finance needs.
Great questions for Miglena:
- How should I finance a start-up?
- What kind of financing can I obtain to grow my business?
- What do I need to buy a building or to purchase an existing business?
- What kind of bank accounts does Huntington offer on the business banking side?
- How the bank can help a business with day-to-day operations?
Kevin Hammond | Ohio SBDC
Business Management Advice
Kevin Hammond has been a business management consultant for 13 years, mostly focused on small businesses and start-ups. Kevin has been on the SBDC team for almost ten years as a consultant. Prior to consulting, Kevin was in financial services at Chase Manhattan. Kevin has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Ohio Dominican University and an MBA from Capital University.
The Ohio SBDC is part of America’s SBDC national network comprised of over 1000 Centers across the U.S. including 28 in Ohio. The Ohio SBDC Network provides one-on-one advising, by Certified Business Advisors, at no cost and conduct no or low cost business training.
Great questions for Kevin:
- I have a business idea. What is my next step?
- How do I market my services and products?
- How can I take my business to the next level?
- How and where can I get money for my business?
- How do I keep track of my financial records and assure I’m tax compliant?
*Please note that if you register and don’t attend, that time slot doesn’t get filled, keeping other entrepreneurs from getting expert advice. If you have registered and need to cancel, please email Neil Collins at [email protected]