Five finalists have been announced for Philanthropitch Columbus 2022. The social fast-pitch competition provides participants with risk capital to help scale their impact, as well as one-on-one pitch training and business coaching.
This year’s finalists include:*
- Columbus Fashion Alliance seeks to enhance Columbus’s culture into one that equips, fosters, and supports emerging designers and brands in the ultimate quest to become a regionally and nationally respected fashion hub.
- Besa is a nonprofit volunteer platform launched on a mission to reinvent the volunteer experience, inspire service and transform civic engagement by bringing the community together in meaningful, impactful ways.
- The Ohio Association of Student Leaders is an organization dedicated to the teaching of leadership skills, organizational skills and people skills valuable to the members of all student organizations, schools and communities.
- Wild Goose Creative is an arts organization whose mission is to build a creative community at the intersection of art, risk and meaning.
- Elevate Northland is a Community Development Corporation that brings together groups working on business development, public health, poverty and building community bonds.
Work is underway for the five area non-profits who will continue to craft their pitches over the next month.
In its fourth year in Central Ohio, Philanthropitch has raised over $320,000 for 20 area non-profits supporting a wide range of initiatives.
While Philanthropitch went virtual in 2021, the event will return with a hybrid experience in 2022. Supporters will use their dollars to vote during the virtual voting period from April 4 – 11. The Awards Ceremony will be in-person on Tuesday, April 12 at 6 p.m.
Tickets for the Awards Ceremony are now on sale at my.cbusarts.com/3406. General admission is $37 and VIP tickets are $52. Proceeds from ticket sales help fund Philanthropitch’s Audience Choice Award, with voting taking place during the event.
For more information, visit philanthropitch.org/columbus.
*Non-profit descriptions provided by Philanthropitch
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published on Feb. 24 and updated on March 10 with information on ticket sales.